3RD WEEKLY REVIEW
Finishing up my PowerPoint and Book of Interviews was huge! I had been working really hard on both and didn’t think they would ever get finished! The Book of Interviews was hard because I had to track down everyone this week and get proper photos of him or her for the book. I learned that I have to be careful with each picture that is used, because a family could interpret the photo in a wrong way. I finally ordered the book and hopefully it will be here before my review. The PowerPoint I only finished on Thursday. I was able to pull all the right pictures and information together for each slide. I finally sat down with Chris and he edited each slide and gave me feedback about things I should leave or change. Finally I was able to print each slide for my review and finish the whole PowerPoint.
One of my favorite things that I have been able to experience is sitting in on meetings. I find it extremely interesting listening to what each staff member has to say about each application. Things like their grades, family and recommendations. Once in a while they will let me look at the application and I can put my notes down able to profile. It is cool being able to go through the same process as Gregor or Caddie, but put my opinion down. Each student has a different situation and Chris takes the time to figure out the best choice for him or her. I was able to help Charlie and Faye this week with some packets that need to be sent out to families. I had to put all the information for the health center into packets. Both of them put a lot of work and effort into a hard task but to get such a simple outcome.
One of the worst things that can happen to a tour guide is get a student who is less than happy to be there. I got a tour this week that was so painful to give a tour to I didn’t even care. I know that is bad and that I should try my best, but when you are giving so much and getting nothing back you loose your effort. In this situation the girl showed up all in sweatpants and did not say a single word the whole time. The mother was great and I loved talking with her, but the student was painfully quite. Sometime in situations like this, I just believe that the student is shy, but in her interview she was not giving anything back.
Overall this experience has been amazing and I am so glad I was able to be part of the place where it all started for me. Being able to work with such a hardworking and funny group has been really beneficial for me. I think I was really able to help the Admissions Office with my projects and my influence on the families.
No comments:
Post a Comment